Openstack Nova is the equivalent of AWS EC2 instances or Azure VMs.
- It’s an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering.
- Provides management and automation of pools of Virtual Machines
- Bare metal and high-performance computing (HPC) configurations
- It supports KVM, VMware, and Xen hypervisor virtualization
- Hyper-V and LXC containerization
- Python-based with various external libraries: Eventlet for concurrent programming, Kombu for AMQP communication, SQLAlchemy for database access, etc.
- Designed to scale horizontally on standard hardware with no proprietary hardware or software requirements
- Inter operable with legacy systems