To add new disk in Virtual box VM it should be in powered off state.
- Select the Virtual box VM in which you want to add the disk and power off the VM.
- Right click on the VM and go to “Settings” .
Select “Storage” .
- In the right Window you will see two icons with + sign.
- Hover the mouse on the icon which says “Adds Hard Disk” and click on it.
- Click on “Create New Disk”
- Select VDI
- Select “Dynamically Allocated”
- Give disk a name and select size.
- Click Create
- Click OK
Once the disk is created start the VM and login to it.
- You should now see the new disk in VM.
- If the disk is not visible run OS commands to scan the disk.
For Solaris execute “devfsadm -Cv” in the OS to scan the disk.
And if you are using Linux follow this post for scanning new LUNs .
Hope this post is helpful to you. Do let us know if you have any query.