In this post we will show you how to reset the master user password of an RDS DB instance. The new password after reset will be effective immediately.
- Go to your AWS RDS console.
- Select the DB instance whose master password you want to change. Do note that the DB instance should be in available state and not in backing up or any other state.
- Once you have selected the instance, select Modify from Instance Actions dropdown.
- It will take you to a new page :- Modify DB Instance: cloudvedasdb
- Scroll down to the Setting section and look for New master password.
- Enter the new password in the text box and at the bottom click on continue.
- Finally click on Modify DB instance.
- The new password will be effective almost immediately.