In this post we will see how to take XSCF snapshot of an M-Series server
Save snapshot on different server
- First create a user “test” in OS of server in which you want to save snapshot.
- Next login to XSCF of server whose snapshot you want to take.
- Take snapshot by giving IP of destination server on which you want to save the data using the below syntax.
snapshot -LF -t username@serverip:/full_path_to_data_location -k download
Here is an example. We created test user in 192.168.99.10 destination server, and snapshot will be saved in it’s /var/tmp directory.
XSCF> snapshot -LF -t firstname.lastname@example.org:/var/tmp -k download
Save snapshot on same server.
If you want to save snapshot on same server of which you are collecting snapshot use below steps.
- Login to XSCF and check the DSCP config to know the IP of each domain.
XSCF> showdscp DSCP Configuration: Network: 10.1.1.0 Netmask: 255.255.255.0 Location Address ---------- --------- XSCF 10.1.1.1 Domain #00 10.1.1.2 Domain #01 10.1.1.3 Domain #02 10.1.1.4 Domain #03 10.1.1.5
- Check the running domain
XSCF> showdomainstatus -a DID Domain Status 00 Running 01 - 02 - 03 -
- Ping to ensure you can connect to the network
XSCF> ping 10.1.1.2 PING 10.1.1.2 (10.1.1.2): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 10.1.1.2: icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=2.1 ms 64 bytes from 10.1.1.2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=2.0 ms
- Take snapshot after creating a user on the OS.
XSCF> snapshot -LF -t email@example.com:/var/tmp -k download