In this tutorial we will create a security group which we will use further while creating our Redhshift Cluster.
- Login to your AWS VPC Console .
- In the left Navigation Pane select Security Groups .
- Once in Security groups section click on Create Security Group .
- Enter details as below:
Name tag: redshiftsg Group name: redshiftsg Description: resdshift security group VPC: <Select your VPC or if you are not sure leave it as default>
- Once details are filled Click on Yes, Create .
- Now select the security group you just created.
- In the bottom pane click on inbound rules.
Select Redshift in Type and Source 0.0.0.0/0 . By this we are basically allowing all inbound traffic. You can also mention specific IP range in source.
Leave the outbound rule as “All traffic”
- Finally click save.
Congrats! You have successfully created a security group.