Route 53 is a DNS service that route user requests.
- Amazon Route 53 (Route 53) is a scalable and highly available Domain Name System (DNS).
- The name route 53 is reference to UDP port 53 which is generally used for DNS.
- Route 53 with its DNS service that allows administrators to direct traffic by simply updating DNS records in the hosted zone.
- TTL(Time to Live) can be adjusted for resource records to be shorter which allow record changes to propagate faster to clients.
- One of the key features of Route 53 is programmatic access to the service that allows customers to modify DNS records via web service calls.
Three Main functions of Route 53 are:-